MLK Center believes that it is in the best interest of our families and neighbors and community at large to take the following precautions. We are forced to be flexible and adaptable in this crisis, and we ask for your understanding and patience. The following changes are in effect.
Emergency Financial Assistance:
- Click Here to apply for Emergency Financial Assistance such as rent and utility payments.
- Approximate boundaries for service: West to Dr MLK Jr Street/Michigan, North to 71st Street, South to 25th Street, East to Fall Creek/Allisonville.
- If you are outside this area, you will be connected to the community center closest to you.
- All evictions and utility disconnectes have been delayed. You should still pay your rent and your utilities. If you feel your landlord is trying to evict you inappropriately, file a complaint with the Attorney General's Office, or contact Indiana Legal Services to apply for legal assistance.
Emergency Food Delivery:
- Para asistencia en español llame a La Plaza al 317-890-3292 .
- Friday, May 22nd will be the last day for our online form.
- If you need food delivery, please call our front desk at 317-923-4581 and leave a message if we are unable to answer.
- If you live outside the MLK Center area of Butler Tarkington, Crown Hill, Mapleton FallCreek, Meridian Kessler, or Midtown, please text "Gleaners" to 55433
- Until 5/22, Click Here for the Emergency Food Delivery Sign up Form if you live in our neighborhood service area.
- You may be connected to a community center closer to you.
- If you have transportation, please click here to find the closest drive through pantry to you.
- The MLK Center will be delivering Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Please sign up before 8 am on the day you need delivery.
- We will deliver two to three days worth of food.
- If your child atttends IPS School 43 and needs educational materials, technology equipment, tutoring or counseling, please call the front desk at 317-923-4581.
- All child care, after school care and spring break care has been cancelled until further notice.
- Parent supports are available remotely via phone and Zoom. Contact your wellness Coach via email, cell phone or leave a message at the front desk.
- All community center activities and meetings are cancelled until further notice. This includes dance, HSE, video game tournament, etc.
- Please call and leave a message with any questions or concerns and we will return you call as soon as possible. 317-923-4581.