Our Place - An Active Community Building Center
The physical building is a hub for the broader community to gather, dialogue, create, problem solve, socialize and interact with each other to promote unity and cohesion. When one part of our community is not thriving, we all lose. A neighborhood is stronger when its residents feel connected to each other. We are that place.
Spaces within our building rent for a discounted rate of $50 per hour.
The Conference Room is located on the 1st floor of the MLK Center. It features a small white board and a pull down projection screen. A large wall is also available for large projection. The room seats approximately 25 in a large square, and can also accomodate theatre style or classroom style seating. Outside catering is permitted, and a kitchenette or commercial kitchen is available for an additional fee.
The 1st Floor Open Area serves as our co-working space during the day. In the evening and on the weekend it hosts a variety of neighborhood meetings, membership meetings and community events. Theatre style seating can accomodate 100, or 70 at tables. This space features a 50" smart TV, and a mobile projection screen is available. Outside catering is permitted, and a kitchenette or commercial kitchen is available for an additional fee.
Join our CoWorking Space
• $50 per month: Normal Business Hour Access Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Please be aware that seasonal youth programming may affect space availability
• Free coffee
• Printing and Copying up to 50 copies
• Café style open area on the 1st floor only
• Access to conference room with projector and screen for presentations twice per month; Reduced rate for additional usage
• Access to workroom
• One-month free trial (excludes printing)
• Earn discounts off your rent by providing workshops to the MLK Community
• Free, abundant parking
*24/7 and weekend access can be negotiated on a case by case basis.
*Limited Criminal History background check and Sex Offender Registry Check may be required prior to conducting workshops with youth. Resume and past experience on the the proposed workshop topic may be requested and all agreements are subject to approval by the MLK Center Executive Director.