Casual, comfortable, community! A civic-minded, co-working space for less at the MLK Center.
Co-working spaces are membership-based work spaces where a diverse group of entrepreneurs, students, startup companies, technology-based businesses, freelancers, creatives, developers, remote workers, and other independent professionals work together in a shared setting. It’s inexpensive, flexible office space with a collaborative environment.
“Co-working spaces create a stronger feeling of community than most traditional work environments, and we wondered how this happens,” Spreitzer, a professor of management and organizations at the University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business, said.
*24/7 and weekend access can be negotiated on a case by case basis.
*Limited Criminal History background check and Sex Offender Registry Check may be required prior to conducting workshops with youth. Resume and past experience on the the proposed workshop topic may be requested and all agreements are subject to approval by the MLK Center Executive Director.
MLK Center Membership:
• $50 per month: Normal Business Hour Access Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Please be aware that seasonal youth programming may affect space availability
• Free coffee
• Printing and Copying up to 50 copies
• Café style open area on the 1st floor only
• Access to conference room with projector and screen for presentations twice per month; Reduced rate for additional usage
• Access to workroom
• One-month free trial (excludes printing)
• Earn discounts off your rent by providing workshops to the MLK Community
• Free, abundant parking